RS600 – Stunning looks with a performance to dream about
One of our much loved Heritage Classes* – the RS600 is a great mix of stunning looks and brilliant performance! A highly developed rig control and reefing system make this excitement available to an extraordinarily wide range of sailors. The RS600 has won the enthusiasm of hundreds of single-handed sailors over the years. It is faster than most two-person boats! Strong enough to take the punishment, sailing an RS600 is pure adrenaline. *This boat is no longer in production
No. of Crew
Hull Weight (kgs)
No. of Trapezes
Sail Area (m²)
FIND SIMILAR MODELS
WHAT THE SAILORS ARE SAYING…
Stunning speeds upwind and down, even in relatively light winds, are balanced by (relatively) easy handling.
The ability to reduce the rig size, not just in strong winds, but also in the early stages of learning to sail the boat, is a real benefit, Think of it as a single-handed skiff, both in terms of performance fun, and you won’t be far wrong.
- Designed by high-performance boffin Clive Everest, the hull shape was created using computer-generated sections resulting in mathematically perfect curves. That’s why it looks so fair and fast.
- Enormous speed potential is matched by excellent handling • Vacuum bagged epoxy foam sandwich construction results in a hull that is fantastically strong, yet only weighs a stunning 52kg.
- Helming from the wire is made easy by the purpose-designed geometry of the cockpit.
- A high wing freeboard above the water gives a secure feel and all controls are easily reached.
- Daggerboard for low drag efficiency.
- Lifting rudder for easy launch and recovery.
- Sophisticated GRP sandwich construction gives strong, light, high-performance foils.
- Carbon fibre mast gives a uniquely dynamic rig and the flextop delivers exceptional gust response.
- Lightweight and strong.
- Fully battened mainsail to stabilise the shape and reduce flogging.
- Scrim mylar for tear resistance.
- Mast and sail work together to create a perfect rig. Pull the cunningham and watch the mast bend, the sail flattens and the upper leach open. Real power control.
- High performance is attainable from the big rig in only 8 knots of wind.
- A simple and highly effective reefing system reduces the sail area by nearly 20% and allows the boat speed to go on up as the wind increases. Removable mast extension – twin position shroud and trapeze settings – zip-up sail foot.
- When reefed the sail head still reaches the top of the mast so maintains full tip response.
- The reefing system not only assists speed in a breeze but also makes mastering the RS600 within the reach of the most competent sailors… and a lot of fun
- One mainsail size 12.14m² than can be reefed to 10.55m²
Performance equalised racing
- A simple performance equalisation system dramatically extends the competitive sailor weight range.
|Designer||Clive Everest & Nick Peters|
|Beam||1.93 - 2.13m|
|Mainsail - Full||12.14m²|
|Mainsail - Reefed||10.55m²|
|Spars||Carbon composite mast, aluminium alloy boom|
|Sail||Mylar fully battened mainsail with reefing|
|Hull construction||Epoxy GRP foam sandwich|
|Daggerboard||Epoxy foam sandwich|
|Rudder - lifting||Epoxy foam sandwich|
|Rudder stock + tiller + extension||Aluminium alloy|
|Padded toe straps||Led to both sides of cockpit|