RS200 – EXCEPTIONALLY SUCCESSFUL, COMPETITIVE AND SOCIABLE RACING CLASS
Adrenaline packed racing and a full-on social scene. The RS200 is one of the most popular two person sailboats of today. Perfect for moderate weight teams, it’s a winner with mixed crews, young sailors and family teams – at clubs, championships and on the RS Racing Circuit. Strict one-design rules keep the competition tight and the budget in control. So it’s all about exciting sailing and a good time ashore in the RS community. This Class attracts rock stars and newbies like almost no other. It was one of RS’s first – and it’s still one of our favourites.
No. of Crew
No. of Trapezes
Sail Area (m²)
FIND OUT MORE
READY TO BUY?
FIND SIMILAR MODELS
WHAT THE SAILORS ARE SAYING…
I have been to lots of Nationals, Worlds and big Opens and cannot think of an event that was so friendly, well run and generally fantastic to be at. The bar is now very high in terms of standards!
RS Open Meetings are like skiing in the Summer – you turn up, have a blast in the fresh air, come ashore absolutely knackered and then relive it all whilst partying all night with a bunch of good mates.
It was, yet again, a tribute to the design and build of the RS200 that, when so much racing in other classes was called off, the 2’s (and 4’s) went racing without significant damage.
Great blast in bonkers breeze on Saturday once racing was gonged off – good promo, only boat out – everyone thought we were nuts! Came in with Cheshire Cat face, and (he) is now going to get a ‘cheap’ second-hand one and sail with his Mrs, and his best mate now fancies it too…Yehaaa – LOVE IT!!!
- Highly competitive Class with a happening social scene on the RS Racing Circuit
- Big fleets and close, tactical racing
- Adrenaline and pace
- Designed for moderate weight teams
- Popular with couples and young sailors
- Spacious and deep cockpit for comfortable hiking
- Toe straps adjustable for both height and reach
- Thwart gives comfortable light wind crew position.
- Open transom allows the RS200 to virtually self drain after a capsize and a moulded self bailer quickly removes remaining water
- Immensely strong hull laminate ensures a long competitive life
- Fittings layout designed for all combinations of strength and experience in the helm and crew.
- Either sailor can perform important functions such as spinnaker hoists / drops – cunningham – vang
- Top quality fittings
- Pivoting centreboard and rudder for easy launch and recovery
- GRP sandwich construction for strong, light, high performance foils.
- Superb rig design giving power control and a broad competitive weight range
- Excellent handling in all conditions
- Mylar mainsail with soft full-length battens to reduce “ragging” and extend the life of the sail – yet allowing the sail to de-power at rest.
- Dacron jib is easy to “read” in light winds. Low sheet loads so even the lightest of sailors enjoy the ride
- Asymmetric spinnaker with single line hoist and drop system
- Harken deck fittings
- Continuous 16:1 kicker
- Capsize righting lines
- Top cover – Breathable polycotton
- Under cover
- Launching trolley
- Road trailer base
- Padded rudder bag
- Carbon tiller extension
- Burgee wind indicator
- Tack tick micro compass – Inc mast bracket
|Max Crew Weight
|9.13m² (98.3ft²) - Mylar Fully Battened
|2.76m² (29.7ft²) - Dacron
|Pivoting centreboard and rudder. GRP and foam composite.
|Harken deck fittings
|Continuous 16:1 kicker
|Capsize righting lines
|Road trailer base
|Padded rudder bag
|Mainsheet boom cover
|Instead of threading mainsheet through boom
|Carbon tiller extension
|Burgee wind indicator
|Tack tick micro compass
|Inc mast bracket
|Race rope pack
|Race grade spinnaker halyard, jib, main, kite sheets