RS800 – SMOKING TWIN-WIRE SKIFF FOR ALL
The twin wire skiff with the kind of performance many sailors dream about. Graduating from youth racing or stepping up from slower boats – this is the skiff class for all – men and women, young or not. Minimal weight and hull drag mean the rig doesn’t have to be enormous to develop awesome speeds. So the loads are manageable by both sexes and performance equalization ensures that mixed teams usually stand on the RS Racing Circuit podiums. And that leads to friends, parties and an intoxicating skiff racing lifestyle.
No. of Crew
Crew Weight (kgs)
No. of Trapezes
Sail Area (m²)
FIND OUT MORE
READY TO BUY?
FIND SIMILAR MODELS
WHAT THE SAILORS ARE SAYING…
I was impressed, not only with her stability, but also the effortless way she took off.
The best thing about 800’s is you can sail them with girls.
The RS800 has filled a slot by creating an exciting, easy to sail skiff that allows a range of sailor to race against each other competitively. Easy to sail but hard to sail well.
You see, the new 800 is an absolute peach of a boat. Every single aspect of the boat is superb, from build quality (which is unbelievable), to the top notch sail, full Harken kit and the fully carbon mast from Selden which is a sight for sore eyes (compared to the alloy bottom section of the 49er).
Sensational skiff racing
- Incredible high-performance racing for men and women
- User-friendly handling makes it possible for many
- Superb Performance Equalisation System allows winners to be big or small
- Exciting class with action and camaraderie on the RS Racing Circuit
- Long and narrow on the waterline to reduce drag
- Flared topsides give reserve buoyancy and forgiving handling
- Cockpit design gives the helmsman a secure steering position while allowing run-through manoeuvres by experienced teams
- Large gennaker chute forward of the jib tack for fast hoists with minimum loads
- Incredibly light 62kg hull weight. Ready to sail the whole boat is a staggering 110kg light
- High tech construction system uses the immensely strong RS epoxy foam sandwich system – with long competitive life
- Daggerboard for low drag efficiency
- Lifting rudder for easy launching
- Sophisticated GRP sandwich construction gives strong, light, high performance foils
- The light all-up weight allows exceptional performance from a moderate size rig – making the RS800 the attainable skiff class
- Carbon composite mast – ultra-light and the flexible top section delivers excellent gust response
- Sealed mast to reduce the tendency for inversion when capsized.
- Mainsail and jib are built from light, strong and high visibility Mylar laminate.
- Only the top two mainsail battens are full length, creating a light and forgiving rig
- Self tacking jib ensures easy manoeuvres, especially offwind
- Asymmetric gennaker design with relatively short foot to minimise sheet loads and a high clew to aid visibility.
Performance equalised racing
- Performance Qqualisation System measures weight and leverage – and gives high speed close racing with both big and small winners. It works and is an integral part of the RS800’s success
- Mixed teams and joint events with other great RS classes mean the RS800 is the place to be for a complete skiff racing lifestyle
- Harken deck fittings
- Intermediate wing bars (pro-gripped)
- Top cover – breathable polycotton
- Under cover – Nylon
- Launching trolley
- Road trailer base
- Padded rudder bag
- Padded daggerboard bag
- Carbon tiller extension
- Wing foot loops
- Performance equalisation weights
- Burgee wind indicator
- Tack tick micro compass (inc mast bracket)
- Race rope pack (jib, main and kite sheets)
|Hull Weight||68kg (150lbs)|
|Sailing weight||110kg (242lbs)|
|Sail area – mainsail and jib||16.5m² (172ft²)|
|Sail area – spinnaker||21m² (225ft²)|
|Hull construction||Epoxy GRP foam sandwich|
|Spars||Carbon composite mast. Aluminium alloy boom. Composite bowsprit.|
|Sails||Mylar / kevlar semi battened mainsail. Fully battened jib. Twin patch radial cut spinnaker.|
|Foils||Daggerboard and lifting rudder. GRP foam sandwich.|
|Intermediate wing bars||Pro-gripped|
|Harken deck fittings|
|Top cover||Breathable polycotton|
|Road trailer base|
|Padded rudder bag|
|Padded daggerboard bag|
|Padded rig bag|
|Carbon tiller extension|
|Wing foot loops|
|Additional corrector weights|
|Burgee wind indicator|
|Tack tick micro compass||Includes mast bracket|
|Race rope pack||Jib, main and kite sheets|