RS400 – THE ORIGINAL AND UNRIVALLED RS SAILING EXPERIENCE
No. of Crew
Crew Weight (kgs)
Hull Weight (kgs)
No. of Trapezes
Sail Area (m²)
FIND OUT MORE
READY TO BUY?
FIND SIMILAR MODELS
WHAT THE SAILORS ARE SAYING…
The RS boats I have sailed are all brilliantly designed – very well balanced and setup, a joy to sail. I think this is a huge driver of the RS success story over the last 10 yrs.Nick Craig
Nightclubs have a whole new meaning with the Racing Snake and Grims on tour.Greg O'Brien
- The epitomy of the modern classic
- Hugely popular Class in clubs and on the RS Racing Circuit
- Multiple top sailors over the years – competitive asymmetric racing
- Fantastic Class community on the RS Racing Circuit
- Designed for medium to heavy teams – many mixed crews
- Perfect blend of speed, manoeuvrability and ease – truly vice free and a joy to sail
- Light and stiff foam sandwich construction.
- Stiffness and strength lead to maximum transfer of power into speed.
- Open transom gives a virtually self draining cockpit and the moulded self bailer quickly removes any remaining water
- Ergonomic cockpit design for comfortable hiking
- Toe straps adjustable for both height and reach
- Thwart gives the crew a comfortable light wind position.
- Wide hull allows leverage to be generated equally by both sailors, helms can be big or small
- Simple and efficient interior layout – principle controls are led to either side of the boat, so that the helm or crew can “change gear”
- Pivoting centreboard and rudder mean the boat can be raced in any estuary and make launching easy.
- Sophisticated GRP sandwich construction gives strong, light, high performance foils.
- Light weight Selden mast uses a section especially developed for the RS400
- Mast bend controlled with a deck level screw and adjustable spreaders
- Rake and sideways bend are further instantly variable via the jib halyard led back to the crew
- High quality sails with long competitive life
- Fully battened main and jib for shape stability, to reduce flogging and extend their life
- Perfect match between the mast and mainsail give exceptional power control. Coupled with the high volume hull these features ensure a wide competitive crew weight range
- Asymmetric spinnaker – easy to use, fast, fun and highly tactical.
- Evolutionary bowsprit can be canted to windward, allowing the RS400 to sail very fast at virtually any downwind angle.
- Harken deck fittings
- Top cover – Breathable polycotton
- Under cover
- Launching trolley
- Road trailer base
- Padded rudder bag
- Carbon tiller extension
- Burgee wind indicator
- Tack tick micro compass – Inc mast bracke
|Hull Weight||85kg (187lb)|
|Sailing weight (ex foredeck)||129kg (284lb)|
|Sail area – mainsail and jib||14.76m² (159sqft)|
|Sail area – asymmetric spinnaker||13.94m² (150sqft)|
|Hull construction||Polyester GRP foam sandwich. Localised Kevlar reinforcement.|
|Sails||Mylar fully battened mainsail. Dacron fully battened jib. Single patch radial cut spinnaker.|
|Foils||Pivoting centreboard and rudder. GRP and foam composite.