RS400 National Championship
By the RS400 Class Association
A warm welcome as South Shields awaits visiting RS400s from across the UK and Ireland. The home club of our RS400 Class Assocoiation Chair, Jacob Ainsworth.
- Strong home fleet from both South Shields and Tynemouth
- Superb race area
- Fun social programme including trip to Newcastle and final night Championship dinner
- Beach, camping/campervan area, parking and accommodation all within a few minutes walk. Park your car at the beginning of the week and leave it!
- Excellent Metro and ferry links to Newcastle and Tynemouth
2 races are scheduled each day, from Sunday 9th to Thursday 13th August. Prizes for Gold, Silver, Bronze fleets, first lady helm, first lady crew, first master, and grandmaster helms, and possibly others. The daily ‘Duckham’ awards will of course feature once again and this year we will be introducing a new buddy prize too.
- Optional Coaching: Sat 8th Aug
- Registration: Sat 8th Aug 16.00-19.00, Sun 9th Aug 09.00-10.30
- Briefing: Sun 9th Aug 11.00
- Racing: 2 races per day, 13.00 start Sun 9th Aug, 12.00 Mon 10th-Thu 13th
- See the Social Programme tab on this website for, you’ve guessed it, the Social Programme!
The entry fee is £195/boat for those entering (including making payment) before 9th July. The Youth entry (for helms under 22 at the start of the championship) is £175. This includes 5 days racing, a full social programme including a trip to Newcastle, two Championship Dinner tickets and two event T shirts. There are no T shirts and a £30 levy for those entering and paying after 9th July. Online entry will close on 3rd August, it may be possible to enter in person at the event, subject to an additional admin fee (tbc).
There will be Pre-Nationals Coaching on Saturday 8th August, for those who have not been able to sail as much as they wished during the period leading up to the nationals, in need of some moral support or wanting tips on the venue and/or boat tuning. This must be booked in advance. The cost is £25/boat and must be booked when you enter, as spaces are limited.
There is space for tents/campervans/caravans and motorhomes in a park with toilets a few minutes walk from the site for £55/unit for the whole period. The space will be secured with an entry code. Spaces must be booked with your entry please.
See the tab on this website for more accommodation options.
For more information, follow this link or contact Sally Campbell email@example.com