The RS Team are really looking forward to supporting you all at the RS Aero UK Open and National Championship at Eastbourne Sailing Club in a few weeks’ time!
With new Covid19 measures in place, it has never been more important to check over your boat before you get to the event, as we’re not able to offer the all-singing, all-dancing RS service you’re used to.
Don’t worry, the music will be on, the astroturf will be down and the feather flags will be fluttering but to protect the team and you (the competitors), we’ve had to put a few measures in place to keep everyone safe! For example, we will only be able to allow 1 customer at a time around the RS Van, you will not be able to borrow any of our tools and the RS team will only be able to help with essential repairs to help get you back on the water the next day (with boats being left in a ‘drop zone’ and fully disinfected before tackling any work).
The RS team are able to offer free delivery to the event for any bits you need. Though we would always suggest getting items from the RS Sailing Store sent out to you before the event, so that you have time to tinker stress free at home. Dispatch at RS HQ is alive and kicking, with a click and collect service too. The RS Van will be open for collections onsite from midday onwards on Thursday 27th August, please queue responsibly!
Here’s a list for you to get stuck into this weekend;
- Pack your own tool kit, RS are sadly not able to share our tools due to covid19 .
- Check your sail numbers, country letters and country flags – with the correct spacing and sizing
- Check that your gudgeons are secure on the transom
- Check your tiller is secure in the stock
- Check that your rudder blade is race-ready with no dings and ensure that the pivot system works
- Check that your toestrap has not frayed and is not about to break
- Check the mainsheet ratchet is clear of grit, sand and is well lubricated
- Thoroughly check your control line ropes and splices are in good condition
- Check that your kicker swivel base plate is secure to the boat and the cleat teeth are biting on the line
- Check your control line cleats are in good condition – again make sure they bite
- Check the fluff in your daggerboard slot is secure and your daggerboard is in race ready condition
- Check your boom gooseneck spigot is straight, true and correctly attached
- Check your mast collar is secure and tight
- Check your main halyard and cleat are in tip-top condition
Head to the RS Sailing Store for everything you need, don’t forget that as a member of the RS Aero Class Association you get RS Sailors Club discount which gives you 25% off all rope purchases and 15% off Clothing. If you’ve got any questions about items in the checklist, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the RS team who will be happy to help – email email@example.com or call 01794 526760 option 1.
See you soon sailors – Happy tinkering!