The RS Team are really looking forward to supporting you all at the RS Aero 6 & 9 UK Nationals at Weymouth & Portland National Sailing Academy in a few weeks’ time!
What does RS Event support mean? It means the RS Team will do everything they can when something unexpectantly breaks or fails to get you back out on the water during an event. RS Event support isn’t there to service the lazy sailor who rocks up at a National Championship with a knowingly broken boat and expects the RS team to work their magic! Don’t be on the naughty list! 😉
To support the up-and-coming RS Aero 6 Class and the RS Aero 9 Class, the RS Sailing Store is generously giving away a £100 RS Sailing Store voucher with every RS Aero 6 or 9 pack sold to UK customers. Just give the RS Team a call to order your rig and they will share this voucher code with you. Stock is limited, so get in touch early to avoid disappointment!
Don’t forget to also check out our RS Used Kit page on the RS Sailing Store, there’s plenty of barely used and pre-loved kit for you to make the most of.
The RS team are able to offer free delivery to the event for any bits you need. Though we would always suggest getting items from the RS Sailing Store sent out to you before the event, so that you have time to tinker stress free at home. Dispatch from RS HQ can be with you as quickly as 48 hours, with a click and collect service too.
Here’s a bimble list for you to get stuck into before the event;
- Pack your own tool kit
- Check your sail numbers, country letters and country flags – with the correct spacing and sizing
- Check that your gudgeons are secure on the transom
- Check your tiller is secure in the stock
- Check that your rudder blade is race-ready with no dings and ensure that the pivot system works
- Check that your toestrap has not frayed and is not about to break
- Check the mainsheet ratchet is clear of grit, sand and is well lubricated
- Thoroughly check your control line ropes and splices are in good condition
- Check that your kicker swivel base plate is secure to the boat and the cleat teeth are biting on the line
- Check your control line cleats are in good condition – again make sure they bite
- Check the fluff in your daggerboard slot is secure and your daggerboard is in race ready condition
- Check your boom gooseneck spigot is straight, true and correctly attached
- Check your mast collar is secure and tight
- Check your main halyard and cleat are in tip-top condition
Head to the RS Sailing Store for everything you need, don’t forget that as a member of the RS Aero Class Association, you get RS Sailors Club discount which gives you 25% off all rope purchases.
If you’ve got any questions about items in the checklist, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the RS team who will be happy to help – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01794 526760 option 1.