Technical Part Sales – Web Editor
Location – Romsey, Hampshire
Contract – Permanent
Hours – Full Time
Would you love to work for a leading business in the marine industry? Are you passionate about sailing and enjoy building new relationships? The RS Sailing Store are recruiting for a Technical Sales – Web Editor to join the team!
As well as working in a vibrant friendly office, sailing perks mean you’ll not only get to help and serve the amazing RS Sailors but you will also get to sail against them, have a post sailing beverage with them and be able to call them your friends! You will be offered a competitive salary, a pension, great sailing benefits and a comfy desk in our Romsey HQ.
In Technical Sales you will be working alongside a small specialist parts department and within the RS Sailing Sales Team. As well as the general selling of RS parts and delivering the highest level of service, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing our web shop www.rssailingstore.com.
As a likely candidate you will be a bold and charismatic character who is organised and thorough. You will not be happy until the job is complete and be a quick thinker in pressured situations to make the right call. You will be a keen dinghy racer at least at club weekend level in order that the technical queries and aspects of small sailboats are second nature. You are the type who wants to sail every spare minute. You are highly literate (most work is done online) and self-motivated.
Some travel to national and international events may be required and a good deal of weekend work will be expected.
Drop us an email at Jobs@rssailing.com to apply! Closing Date – 2nd November 2020
Full Job Description:
Web Editor Duties:
- Maintaining and updating an established library of content; Ensuring high quality and accurate product descriptions, technical data and images.
- Liaising with website developers to deliver fixes and projects in accordance to their SLA’s.
- Liaising with internal departments and key stakeholders to check on; functionality, content, style and presentation.
- Exploded drawing, ‘how to’ and help content.
- Gather feedback and implement thus Improving user experience
- Provide sales opportunities for end of line/clearance and excess stock via mini campaigns.
General Part & Service Duties:
- Take and handle Part sales, via telephone shop or email. Which includes placing or cancelling customer order orders
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Go the extra mile to engage customers
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools.
- Throughout busy period assists with Customer Care enquiries.
Events Parts Preparation:
- Maintain and develop Events spares parts lists.
- Maintain and develop POS for event with a focus on customer service and Finance reconciliation post event.
- Assist the attending staff with preparation of spares parts and POS