Location – Romsey, Hampshire
Contract – Permanent
Hours – Full Time
RS Sailing is the UK’s largest manufacturer of one design racing dinghies, supplying boats to a worldwide market that has seen continued growth over the last 20 years.
As part of our workshop team you will use your dedication, eye for detail and enthusiasm for customer service to help maintain the company’s high standards and efficiency. Whilst in the workshop you will be getting hands-on experience, preparing boats for hand-over to eager customers, small GRP repairs and making pre-owned boats look great again. You will be loading and unloading sailing boats and accessories so there will be some heavy lifting involved in the job. With a flexible approach and a positive customer-focused attitude, you will strengthen our business relationships and boost our success.
This is a varied and diverse role that would suit someone who is flexible and willing to learn new skills.
Duties to include:
- Preparation of new boats to customer specification
- Detailed refurbishment of pre-owned boats
- Small gelcoat repairs
- Rope work & rigging
- Packaging and labelling products before they are dispatched.
- Helping to ship out over 1500 boats a year.
- Unloading/Loading of lorries
- Must be physically fit.
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Able to work efficiently without supervision
- Good communication abilities
- Ability to complete basic paperwork
- Knowledge of small sailing craft
- Forklift truck certification
- GRP repairs
- Splicing & rigging
Applications should be made by email to the Operations Manager Richard Frost – firstname.lastname@example.org