#PROTECTING OUR PLAYGROUND
We are proud to return as an official partner of SAIL GP Inspire in Britain’s Ocean City, Plymouth.
At RS Sailing, we are passionate about protecting our playground and facilitating a more prosperous future. The recent global shift in focus and innovation around sustainable solutions has never been more crucial in determining the future of our people and planet.
We want to take this opportunity to showcase some of our sustainable qualities and the steps we’re taking to become a more eco-friendly organisation.
OF HULLS RECYCLABLE
OF SPARS RECYCLABLE
OF FOILS RECYCLABLE
OF PACKAGING RECYCLABLE
WHAT SUSTAINABILITY MEANS FOR RS SAILING
• Sustainability is a collective responsibility
• Human values are not an obstacle for change
• Small changes lead to bigger changes
• Engaging in co-design
• Future-proofing our mechanisms
• Inspiring people to change and unlearn poor behaviour
HOW DOES RS SAILING CONTRIBUTE
• Creating communities
• Promoting wellbeing and betterment
• Encouraging physical activity
• Conscientiously creating and considering impacts on local and global levels
• Using renewable power sources to reduce carbon footprint and decrease utility bills
• Going paperless and continuously looking into alternatives and more sustainable options
We want to protect natural capital and become more environmentally sustainable. We are continuously looking for greener solutions and alternative processes that achieve positive changes without doing harm to the environment. Our key priorities include reducing energy, chemical and water use, reducing waste and packaging and reducing CO2 production.
Our focus is on improving access, education, and knowledge around sailing. We view ourselves as a member of society who promotes values that respect human capital. We highly value developing skills that will support the functions and sustainability of our organisation and that will promote the wellbeing and betterment of communities around us.
We aim to preserve social capital by investing and creating within our society to preserve future generations, communities, and cultures. Our focus is on maintaining and improving our communities through inclusivity, resilience and integrity, realising the importance of relationships between people. Our key priorities include improving human rights, better equality and diversity in the workplace as well as developing communities.
We always look to use our resources efficiently to support long-term success. Our key priorities include fair trade and living wages, benefits to local businesses and job creation.