As the entries to the UK’s biggest ever dinghy sailing event top the 500-boat mark, we are delighted to reveal the ‘Awesome RS Games Social Programme’!
The programme has been designed to keep sailors and supporters entertained, fed and watered from the day they arrive until the final sunset. There will be something for everyone, from the big RS parties and Championship dinners, to laid back BBQs, chill out meals and fun inflatable games. All events are open to all, sailors are encouraged to come down a few days before their start to soak up the atmosphere or stay on afterwards and truly let their hair down once racing is complete.
It’s hard to pick highlights from the line-up, but if we were asked to put it in runners and riders style, here are our top picks for ‘best night of the games’
- RS favourites, Steel Strum playing possibly one of their last ever gigs for the RS100, RS300, RS700 and RS800 Championship Party, just as the RS400’s get into their racing. The R and S fancy dress theme will take this to the next level
- The RS Inflatable Games where we invite the young to take on the not-so-young as the competition spreads beyond the water
- For the benefit of our International guests, but to be enjoyed by everyone, a traditional British Hog Roast and tour of the historic Portland Castle
- The RS500 International Party meeting the RS200 Fancy Dress night – we predict that some new RS romances will begin here!
- The surprise hit of 2017, the Masters’ Meal may start off quietly but is expected to test the staying power, especially as it is the RS Games visitors’ night for those who are not sailing at the games but who want to come and see what it’s all about
- Last but not least, the Championship Dinner and Party where British DJ’s and cocktail dresses will mingle with Italian tailoring and Dutch dancing as we prepare to say goodbye to the RS Games for another 4 years – always a hit with the RS200s, this will be massive as the RS500s, RS600s and RS Vareos join in.
There will be special themed food nights throughout the games, with every fleet’s favourites – curry, bangers & mash, Italian, Mexican and of course BBQ.
Sailors and guests will need to book tickets with their entry or via the RS Games shop – with 1000+ sailors on site, we can’t guarantee ticket availability on the night.