The RS Sailing team are excited to be supporting the RS Aero Open and National Championship at Paignton Sailing Club next week!
For any bits you need from the RS Sailing Store, we’re offering free delivery to the event.
We would always recommend getting the parts you need from the RS Sailing Store sent out to you before the event, so you have more time to tinker at home. We will be bringing the RS support van with some RS Aero spares.
We’ll be open 2 hours before the first race and 2 hours after the last boat ashore. Please make sure you come to us as soon as you have any issues so that we can have your boat race ready for the next day. The RS van will be open for collections onsite from midday onwards on Friday 27th May. Our friendly RS team will be happy to answer any questions you might have too!
Before you arrive, here’s a list of things you should check through:
- Main halyard and cleat are in good condition
- Mast collar is snug and secure
- Boom gooseneck spigot is straight, true, and correctly attached
- The fluff in your daggerboard slot is secure, and your daggerboard is in race ready condition
- Control line cleats are in good condition, and they bite
- Kicker swivel base plate should be secured to the boat, and the cleat teeth are biting on the line
- Your mainsheet ratchet should be clear of grit, sand and is well lubricated
- Your toestrap and elastic has no frays
- Rudder blade is race-ready with no dents or knocks and ensure the pivot system works
- Your tiller is secure in the stock
- Your gudgeons are secure on the transom
- Finally, check your sail numbers have the right spacing and sizing
Head on over to the RS Sailing Store for anything that you might need. If you’re a member of the RS Aero Class Association, don’t forget that you can use the RS Sailors Club discount which gives you 25% off all rope purchases and 10% off Allen hardware.
If you have any questions about your RS Aero, the checklist or the event, our team are always happy to help! Get in touch by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01794526760 option 1.