If you’re reading this blog it’s likely you’re already aware that the RS Aero ignites the pure excitement of sailing in its least complicated form.
At RS we like to make things easy for our sailors to maximise their time on the water – less faffing in the boat park means more time smashing in races or enjoying a beverage in the bar. With that in mind, we’ve chosen our top 10 favourite RS Aero accessories, and there’s really something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for that tactical edge or simply something to protect your pride and joy, this is the list for you.
1. Wind Indicator – With the unique clip on the bottom, the RS Aero Wind Indicator is a must-have accessory for any avid racer that likes to know where the breeze is coming from
2. JC Strap Kit (Downwind Boom Stabiliser) – There’s nothing more frustrating than your boom falling into the middle of the boat as you’re racing downwind on those light wind days. Investing in a JC Strap Kit will save your sanity and keep that treasured flow over your sail in the light stuff.
3. Righting Line Kit – You’ve capsized, brilliant. The only way to save any dignity is for a clean recovery. The RS Aero can be a little handful in a big breeze, so increase your chances of a quick recovery by installing the RS Aero righting line kit. The easy-to-grab lines mean you don’t have to have as colossal a reach and ensures your hands have a firm grip as you right the boat.
4. Padded Rudder & Padded Daggerboard Bag – Keep your foils in tip-top condition by keeping them protected in our padded RS Aero foil bags. Made specifically for the RS Aero rudder, the snug fit promises years of extra longevity and scratch free foils.
5. RS Aero Carbon Compass Mount – Always be ahead of the next shift, save weight and arguably most importantly, look cool with the RS Aero carbon compass mount.
6. Carbon Pro Ex (CPX) Tiller Extension – Steer in style with no fear of the dreaded ally bend with your very own Carbon Pro Ex (CPX) Tiller Extension.
7. Padded Spar Bag – Keep your spars box fresh and scratch-free by wrapping them in our RS Aero specific spar bag. Great for strapping onto your car’s roof or slipping inside your boat on long journeys to events.
8. Mainsheet Swivel Base (Harken) – Do you sometimes wish you had a cleat to pop the mainsheet in on those long upwind legs? The Harken swivel base is the answer to your prayers!
9. Top Cover – Whether you’re after the Polycotton Breathable Flat Top Cover or the Polycotton Breathable Top Cover, it’s a worthwhile investment to keep your boat clean, secure and protected from the elements.
10. Under Cover – If you’re part of the RS Aero family, you’ll love trailering your boat around the country to travel to awesome events. Keep your hull from getting nailed by everything the roads can throw at it by wrapping it up in our RS Aero undercover.
Take a look at the RS Sailing Store for more details, or get in touch with the RS team with any questions.