Yes! The RS Sailing team are excited to be supporting the RS Games! Our friendly team will be on hand throughout the whole event. Like always, we recommend getting the parts you need from the RS Sailing Store delivered to your home before so that you have more time to fiddle and prepare before the big race. Of course, we will be bringing the RS support van with spares for all the RS boats, you won’t have to miss a race if you forget something! If there are items you do want bringing to the event, you’ll be able to collect your orders onsite from midday the day before your first day of racing, just find the RS support van.
It’s good to know that we’ll be open 2 hours before the first race and 2 hours after the last boat ashore. If you need any repairs, please make sure you come to us as soon as possible so that we can have your boat race ready for the next day! Our fantastic RS team will be happy to answer any questions you might have too!
Before you arrive at the 2022 RS Games, here’s a list of things we suggest checking:
- Halyards and sheets
- Hatches and sealing rings
- The condition of your blocks
- Ropes – control lines, toestrap ties etc.
- The condition of your toestraps
- Check your UJ for cracks or splits
- Check your sail numbers, country codes and country flags have the right spacing and sizing
- It’s worth checking your event’s Sailing Instructions for any racing requirements and event specific instructions from the race committee
Is there something you need? Check out the RS Sailing Store for anything that you might need. Don’t forget that if you’re a member of an RS Class Association, you can use the RS Sailors Club discount which gives you 25% off all rope purchases and 15% off Allen hardware.
If you have any questions about your RS boat, the checklist or the event, our team are always happy to help! Get in touch by email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1794 526760 and select option 1.