Yes! The RS Sailing team are excited to be supporting the RS Games! Our friendly team from the RS Sailing Store will be on hand throughout the whole event. We recommend getting the parts you need from the RS Sailing Store delivered to your home before so that you have plenty of time to tinker and prepare before the big event.
If there are items you do want bringing directly to the event, you will be able to collect your order on-site from midday the day before your first day of racing, just find the RS Sailing Store in the RS Sailors hub.
The RS Sailing Store will be open 2 hours before the first race and 2 hours after the last boat ashore. If you need any repairs, please make sure you come to us as soon as possible so that we can have your boat race-ready for the next day!
Before you arrive at the RS Games 2022, here’s a list of things we suggest checking:
- Halyards – they can ruin a days racing with one ping
- Hatches, sealing rings, bungs and your hull for water – Boats are faster when the water is on the outside
- Blocks running freely – Get the most out of any system with great blocks
- Spinnaker pole system – Be kind to your crew, don’t let poor boat prep scupper slick hoists and drops
- Ropes, control lines, toestrap ties, sheets – give these a good visual check, paying particular attention to areas which are commonly in cleats!
- Check your UJ for cracks or splits – For such a small piece of kit a universal joint can cause a lot of disruption to your day
- Check your foils and hull for any dings or cracks – Tricky to fix in the boat park, so get them sorted before arrival
- Check your sail numbers, country codes and country flags have the right spacing and sizing – Check the sailing instructions to see if these apply to you
Check out the RS Sailing Store for anything that you might need for your RS and don’t forget that if you’re a member of an RS Class Association, you can use the RS Sailors Club discount which gives you 25% off all rope purchases and 15% off Allen hardware.
If you have any questions about your RS boat, the checklist or the event, our team are always happy to help! Get in touch by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1794 526760 and select option 1.