The Eric Twiname Trust have selected the RS Tera as their choice boat to encourage young people into racing. A scheme of 25 boats will be made available to clubs in the UK at an abnormally subsidised amount. The RS Sailing and the Eric Twiname Trust partnership are committed to bringing people into a lifetime of sailing by helping young sailors who might otherwise be unable to fulfil their ambitions.
We are pleased to share that RS Sailing collaborates with the Eric Twiname Trust to facilitate RS Teras in clubs across the UK. Following the success of the previous schemes with RS Sailing, we have delivered over 300 boats to UK clubs since 2011. This is a fantastic opportunity that will give your club the chance to buy the RS Tera MK2 at nearly a 40% discount!
Why is the RS Tera sport great for my club?
It’s exciting and safe:
- Exciting – responsive in light winds and planes readily in a breeze
- Easy – stable and well balanced
- Capsize friendly – self draining cockpit and righted with ease
- Fast progress – reduced tendency to stick in “irons”
- Foredeck & aft-deck design – leads to correct sailor position
- Modern –- great looks that youngsters love
- Safe – reefable sail with high, light, padded boom
- Quick to rig – easy for a child
- Light – for youngsters to launch unaided
- Transportable – light and small enough to easily roof rack and store
- Small enough – for a 30kg youngster
- Big enough – for sailors up to 70kg
- Spacious enough – for two small children
- Optional rowing kit – for windless fun afloat
All rounder – stable enough for beginners, exciting performance
- Lowest maintenance – greater durability
- Comptec PE3 construction – state of the art three layer rotomoulding system
- Toughest outer skin – middle foam layer for stiffness – strong inner skin
World Sailing International Class
- From novice to World Championship competition
- Fun – emphasis on enjoyment afloat & ashore, even at top level
- Pathway – gets kids hooked and builds the lifetime sailing pathway
- RYA recognised supported class
How does the grant work?
If you’re a developing club that enables youths to learn how to sail and start racing and are happy to lend the boats for young sailors at these racing events, this is the grant for you. There are fundamentals for the scheme, which you can find out more about here!
The Eric Twiname Trust reviews all the applications; however, if the project is over-subscribed, boats will be allocated to the first successful applications. So, make sure you get in early to secure your boats!
Clubs can apply online and once submitted, will hear from the Eric Twiname Trust whether the application has been successful or not. Please note that the trust will assume that the club has sufficient funds to purchase the boats on completion of a successful application.
Click here to find out more about the scheme and how to apply. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch!