Are you looking to get your younger club members into racing? Look no further than the RS Sailing and The Eric Twiname Trust partnership. RS Sailing and the Eric Twiname Trust are committed to getting young people into a lifetime of sailing, helping young sailors who might otherwise be unable to fulfil their ambitions.
We are pleased to announce that RS Sailing has teamed up again with the RS Sailing Store and The Eric Twiname Trust to facilitate a further 29 subsidised RS Teras to UK sailing clubs. This follows the success of the eleven previous incentivised schemes with RS Sailing, where over 273 boats have been delivered to UK clubs between 2011 and 2019. This fantastic opportunity gives your sailing club the chance to buy an RS Tera MK2 at almost 40% discount.
Why the RS Tera?
Exciting and safe
- Exciting – responsive in light winds and planes readily in a breeze
- Easy – stable and well balanced
- Capsize friendly – self draining cockpit and righted with ease
- Fast progress – reduced tendency to stick in “irons”
- Foredeck & aft-deck design – leads to correct sailor position
- Modern –- great looks that youngsters love
- Safe – high, light, padded boom
- Quick to rig – easy for a child
- Light – for youngsters to launch unaided
- Transportable – light and small enough to easily roof rack and store
- Small enough – for a 30kg youngster
- Big enough – for sailors up to 70kg
- Spacious enough – for two small children
- Optional rowing kit – for windless fun afloat
- All rounder – stable enough for beginners, exciting performance
Lowest maintenance – greater durability
- Comptec PE3 construction – state of the art three layer rotomoulding system
- Toughest outer skin – middle foam layer for stiffness – strong inner skin
World Sailing International Class
- From novice to World Championship competition
- Fun – emphasis on enjoyment afloat & ashore, even at top level
- Pathway – gets kids hooked and builds the lifetime sailing pathway
How does the grant work?
Are you developing young sailors from learning to sail into their first race? Is your Sailing Club happy for young club members to use the boats for local racing events? These are the basic fundamentals for the scheme but follow this link to read the full commitments.
The Eric Twiname Trust will look at all applications on their merits but if the project is over-subscribed then the boats will be allocated on the approved applications received first, so do not hesitate in completing your application.
Clubs will be able to apply online, the ET Trust will then confirm via email if the club has been successful or not. Please note that the Eric Twiname Trust will assume that the club has funds in place to purchase the boats on completion of a successful application.