Summer in the United States is clearly defined by two days. Memorial Day and Labor Day serve as the unofficial start and end to summer; dictating when stores will be open, when it is appropriate to wear white and, perhaps most importantly, when you should have your boat in the water. With Memorial Day quickly approaching it is important to decide how you want to spend your summer. Do you want to relax, go on adventures, spend time with family? To help make things easier for you and your family we have created the perfect summer bucket list.
If You Want to Relax…
- Take a solo sail on your RS Neo – the Neo’s stable hull design combined with its easy handling makes it a perfect boat for a sailor looking to get away and enjoy some “me” time on the water.
- Pack a blanket and some snacks in your RS Venture for a romantic sunset cruise with your partner (or yourself!).
- Satisfy your need for speed with the RS Aero – for those that relax by doing something a bit more active, the Aero offers supreme exhilaration through its smooth handling and technicality.
If You Want to Go on Adventures…
- Pack up your RS Toura with everything you need for a picnic and head to a nearby beach (or even just the middle of the lake).
- Join a local race night! Many yacht clubs will have weekday night racing that you can join.
- Discover new beaches on the RS CAT – spacious enough to enjoy with friends and family, the RS CAT makes it easy to pull up to new beaches or spend the day zipping around the water.
If You Want to Spend Time with the Family…
- Take your RS Feva out for a spin – a favorite with parent/child duos, the Feva is the perfect boat to spend some time with your kids, or parents, without arguing over who gets to eat the last hot dog.
- Combine adventures and family time with the RS Quest – with unparalleled space and storage, the Quest is perfect for a family daytrip. Take the kids (and maybe the dog too) to see new parts of the shoreline, or trailer the boat to a nearby estuary to look at local wildlife.
- Build your very own RS21 race team – One of the fastest growing classes, the RS21 offers all of the fun and excitement of a one design fleet. With easy controls, the RS21 is the perfect boat for families looking to get into racing.
If You Want to Learn Something New…
- Teach someone how to sail on your RS Zest – designed with instruction in mind, the Zest is a mini double hander that can be sailed solo. Perfect for teaching friends and family how to sail.
- Add the spinnaker onto your RS Quest– take your sailing to the next level by learning how to run the asymmetrical spinnaker on the Quest. Bonus: your mom can’t say that you didn’t learn anything all summer.
So, no matter how you plan to spend your summer, RS can guarantee that it will be full of fun, sun and great times on the water. Learn more about our entire range here!